We reference this sheet now because we will use the same spreadsheet to keep record of the industry - competitors, potential customers, media outlets, bands we love - wait, what?
This spreadsheet will be referred to often and will be used again for future 101 steps such as keyword research and blogging topics and will be used again when we hit the advanced BakedFinn process.
Here’s what we do:
- start a new tab on that spreadsheet. Name it something poetic like "battlefield.”
- list your products and services
- list every competitor you have - those your size, smaller, dream competitors...
- list their web presences - web domain, link to email subscriptions, twitter account, facebook page...like how we mentioned in the Online Presence list
- list all the products & services they have to offer
- list all the naming variations competitors have for these products & services. See who says, "po-tay-toe,” & who says "po-ta-toe”
- list all the niche industry media....online magazines, newspapers, research facilities, laboratories...
- list all vendors & their web presences