SEO - We take the SEO Analysis from Section 1, merge in the keyword research and results from the PPC campaigns and develop an SEO strategy to apply to onsite, offsite, content & keywords strategy.
- Clean HTML & CSS Code
- Full Browser Compatibility
- Site Indexability
- Robots.txt evaluation
- URL Structures
- Metadata Writing
- Imaging Naming
- Internal Linking
- SEO Copywriting
- Online Reputation Management
- Online Press Release Submissions - Strongly consider achieving internal, “milestones,” and writing keyword-optimized press releases and submitting to more than just free PR sites. The best ones are pay-to-play. These have been known to achieve worthwhile offsite SEO results. I know a great company if you would like a referral. Also, leverage press contacts.
- Niche Site Link Building - A technique used to improve a website’s relevance within niches.
- Relevant Directory Submissions - Directory submissions are an often-talked about Offsite SEO Strategy. The reason? It’s simple to do and outsource. The problem is that Google frowns upon most of them because they believe them to be just a place for backlinks and offer no other user-add value. When submitting to directories, make sure you pick ones specifically in your niche, that are well designed and look to be active. In this case, consider Lawyers.com. It’s pricey, but searchers use it for information.
Local SEO, free & paid - Make sure the Google places location is validated. Also…Yahoo!, Yelp, YellowPages.com. Fill out as many categories as you can, max up description using desired keywords as keyword themes and link to these pages from your website, encouraging visitors to leave reviews.
- also a good source for PPC platforms
Other sites to consider:
- Relevant Social Media platforms
- Online Press Release Submission Sites
- Relevant Blogs
- Relevant Forums
- Government Association sites
Social Media - Social Media as a supplement to Internet marketing makes a great tool to help with brand conversation, customer service, reputation management and community involvement. Where people mess up in Social Media is when they don’t keep up with these elements and instead choose to use the tools as a means for broadcasting their message. If the aforementioned elements are kept up with regularly, then Social Media becomes a lead generation tool via referrals.
The trick to good social media:
- Listen and interact with others about their topics.
- Refer you audience to your community members.
- Be thankful.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a Social Media dashboards that allows you to track keywords & hashtags in Twitter as well as following your favorite brand pages. It’s Finn’s favorite social media tool because:
- It’s browser-based, meaning no software download
- It’s cloud-based: syncs to browser or app.
- It’s user interface allows you to track multiple accounts & keywords
- Syndication messages across multiple social media platforms
- Google Reader - Google Reader is a great blog reader tool where you can track all the industry - resources and competitors - and see what their latest news and thoughts are
- Google Alerts - Never utilized enough. Want to know the latest on a topic? Want to know if a competitor is in trouble? Want to know if someone is writing about you? Google Alerts allows you to subscribe to keywords in Google Indexes so if Google comes and indexes a web page you might like to know about, you will receive an email update.
- Syndication - Blog Posts & Email are great because they can be re-purposed again via social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit...
- Stumbleupon...The technique is known as Syndication. It is a predominant strategy in Social media and should be adopted.
- Facebook - In the top 2 most visited websites each year, you want to syndicate, build up followers and work in this space with not only fan pages but with Facebook advertising.
- Twitter - Keep up with audiences in an online community. Read their thoughts, subscribe to conversations such as, “will in south bend,” or the like, interact.
- LinkedIn - Often described as a Facebook for business, LinkedIn offers a variety of groups, email lists, community webinars and ways to optimize your personal / business page to be seen in additional searches.