The first thing we have our clients do when they’re beginning web design or internet marketing is to set up a Google Account. Why? Well, let’s see. If you want to do any of the following:
- Run a free email account in Google Gmail
- Write a review in Google + social network
- Upload or comment on a video in YouTube
- Start a blog on Blogger (ugh, if you must :-) )
- Check website traffic with Google Analytics
- Edit Pictures in Picassa
- Use Google Drive (formerlly known as Google Docs) for cloud document sharing & collaboration
- Running Ads in the Google network
- etc, etc, etc....
Steps to Set Up a Google Account
- Go to Google.com, Click the "Sign In” button in the upper-right hand corner. (We know you don’t have an account. Trust us.)
- Once you get to the upper right-hand corner there is a red button that says, "Sign up.” Click it.("Why isn’t there a Sign up button Google.com?” Your question is better than our answer for it. We don’t know. They didn’t consult us. We just go with it). Clicking the Sign up button will take you to the place to fill out your information.
- Hit Next Step button.
- Upload a profile picture, if you want. This step is optional.